I wrote a while ago about the process of killing spiders, and cleaning my room is pretty much the same. Well, not ALL the time, but today IS one of those days.
I always decide to clean my room during the worst times; when I have nothing to do, and therefore, there isn’t a limit on whatever task I choose to do. The best time to clean your room is not when you have nothing else to do, because once you decide to clean, your brain will tell you to do something else. I can’t be the only one who goes through this, right?
1) What you plan to do: Organize clothes.
What you end up doing: You tell yourself everything is dirty, and throw it in the hamper.
2) What you plan to do: Hang your purses in one spot.
What you end up doing: What music should I put on?
3) What you plan to do: Organize stuffed animals.
What you end up doing: You really wanna watch Lord of the Rings. Okay, you won’t watch it, but you’ll let it play in the background.
4) What you plan to do: Vacuum
What you end up doing: You can’t hear what Legolas is saying, so you decide it’s best turn this vacuum off.
5) What you plan to do: Go back to vacuuming.
What you end up doing: the movie is getting good.
=3 hours later=
6) What you plan to do: Forgive yourself from wasting 3 hours watching a movie you’ve seen a hundred times.
What you end up doing: You eat chocolate
7) What you plan to do: Finish cleaning once and for all.
What you end up doing: Find family or friends to Skype with.
8) What you plan to do: Whoever you were on Skype with, tells you to back to cleaning.
What you end up doing: You actually finish cleaning.
I did finish cleaning :). In my defence, I’ve been away on vacation for 3 weeks!I have to be honest, trying to find space for my stuffed animals wasn’t easy. My giant penguin has its own desk chair (I’m not kidding).
You can tell my favourite animal is the magnificent, penguin (Seriously, everyone gets me penguins for my birthday now)
Of course! The world sort of rules me today!