Today, I met a group of Dutch seniors (yeah I totally live life on the edge) who taught me how to say ‘hello,’ ‘how are you,’ and ‘thank you’. They were super friendly and made me want to learn Dutch. Will I ever? Probably not. I’m still on Intermediate French, so by the time I’m fluent and take on Dutch, I’ll probably be a goner. I do like to learn basic greetings in different languages, it helps me appreciate different cultures this way. What is YOUR heritage? Do you speak 1 or 10 languages?
I’m Hispanic, Spanish and French. I speak English, Spanish, basic French, a little bit of Italian and Portuguese (because they’re similar to Spanish). My grandpa’s step dad was Chinese, so I grew up eating Chinese food, but I only know how to say ‘hello,’ ‘thank you’, and ‘goodbye’.
The Daily Post asks: Tell us about the top five places you’ve always wanted to visit. GO!
1) Middle-Earth (specifically Rivendell): I guess New Zealand will do for now, but one day I’ll find a way to go to Middle-Earth :p
2) Europe: it’s hard to pick just one country! I guess I’d like to start with Ireland (castles and Guinness!), Italy (art, architecture, pasta and pizza), France (visit my heritage), Switzerland (great chocolate).
3) Antarctica and Argentina: Penguins!!!
4) Australia: I have friends from there and I’d love to bring home a koala for my sister. A real koala would be most preferable, but a stuffed one from there will do. Oh and Caramello Koala!!!
5) Forget visiting the Moon or Mars. I want to visit another galaxy.