This week’s writing challenge encourages us to write a list of anything; about who you are, bucket lists, love, pain, etc. My list is about 10 lessons I have learned for the past 26 years (my whole life), in no particular order:
1) Every problem has a solution.
2) Be happy as often as you can.
3) Don’t change for anyone.
4) Be independent, but don’t be afraid to ask your loved ones for help.
5) Always ask questions. The worst someone can say is ‘no,’ but at least you went for it.
6) Do not throw away your values.
7) Peer pressure is a force created by fearful people. No matter what the say, do what feels right. Chances are you won’t see them ever again. I don’t keep in touch with most of my high school classmates for this reason. Remember that being ‘cool’ is being yourself and not a puppet.
8) Live without regrets. Remember our clocks are ticking as we speak (or read) and we do not when they’ll stop. At least, if something happens while you try to realize your goals, you’ll be happy you at least started. Who knows, it probably wasn’t in your destiny to finish, but you probably set it up for someone else to take over and help them grow as a person. Things really DO happen for a reason. Believe me.
9) Treat yourself. Remember you deserve to feel good.
10) Be good to others. Sure, there are mean people out there, but do not go down to their level. Keep your head up and move forward.
❤ ❤ ❤ Love, Ellie ❤ ❤ ❤