We’ve all had those lazy days, which strike specifically on days off work. It doesn’t always turn out as planned, which I guess is nature’s way of getting back at you, for her own amusement (you know, because Mother Nature has 24/7 PMS).
The Planning: It starts the night before, usually before you go to sleep. You tell yourself, tomorrow will be such a productive day. You have so many things in your mind, that you’d like to do. Carefully, you write down a list in your mind and narrow down your choices. Sleeping in, breakfast, gym, errands, cinema, friends? My goodness! You have a fantastic day ahead.
Decisions: The first you’re going to do for sure is sleep in. You set your alarm so you wake up 2 hours later than usual. After all, you need to have the rest of the day free, for all the fun things you’ve planned. You choose your breakfast. Healthy or unhealthy? It doesn’t matter, you’re just happy you’ll have time to have breakfast. Besides, you’ll be hitting the gym soon after. You check the gym schedule and find out there are a few fun classes you can try! It’s going to be the best day ever! So, after sleeping in, you’ll have breakfast, then gym. There goes half the day already, good planning so far! After the gym, you gotta send some mail, get some groceries, but that shouldn’t take too long. Then, you’ll clean your room, skype with a few friends, and hopefully hit the mall to take advantage of clearance sales. How about ending the day at the movies? Awesome! It’s set!
Day off arrives:
1) Alarm goes off! Yawn! Hit snooze. It goes off again. Yawn! Forget it, you turn it off. You want to finish this awesome dream. Wait, what? That’s not possible. It can’t be noon!!!!! You missed the gym class!!! Okay, relax. You still have half the day.
2) You’re now too upset to have a full breakfast, so you just eat a boiled egg and drink milk.
3) You calm down. Okay, you’ll exercise at home with your iphone app (because it’s like a fake gym). Ugh! You forgot to charge it, but it’s okay, you can still use it while it recharges. You workout and you’re happy.
4) You get ready to go run your errands, but then look at the weather and you see there’s a wind chill warning! There goes the daily walk. But, you won’t give in, you will still wear layers and get out in this freezing weather, and walk! So, you step out of the house, and as soon as you feel the cold wind, you regret everything you’ve ever done in your life.
5) You managed to run your errands, and there’s still a bit of time left to clean your room. You start organizing and cleaning to your favourite songs, when you somehow, decide to check Netflix. Bad idea! They’ve added a few movies. You take a sit…It’s now evening. Forget the mall, this movie is so good.
Conclusion: By the time you finish the movies, it’ll be time to get ready for bed. You know, for a nap, because you’ve taken most of the night watching movies.
The next day: You’ve only had a few hours of ‘sleep’ (because during your ‘sleep’ you were thinking about, how tired you’re going to be in the morning), and have an early shift at work.